Synagogue
Synagogue
Jews have lived in what is now Jüdenstraße since the Middle Ages and there was already a synagogue here in the 14th century. In 1839, the Jewish community acquired plot no. 24. The front building of plot no. 24, which was purchased by the Jewish community in 1839, served from then on as a community center with classrooms and a rabbi's apartment. The synagogue, consecrated on August 6, 1841, was built in the backyard. Desecrated on November 9, 1938, the synagogue was not burned down solely out of consideration for the neighboring buildings. 60 years later, the Mühlhausen synagogue was consecrated again after renovation. It is owned by the Jewish community of Thuringia and is used by the town of Mühlhausen as a meeting place for Jewish religion, culture and history at the authentic site.
Details
Germany
Mulhouse
99974
Jüdenstrasse 24