St. Peter's Church Weida
St. Peter's Church Weida
The Romanesque church was built at the end of the 12th century, was first mentioned in a document in 1262 and originally had two towers, one of which had a Gothic pointed roof.
The church was placed under the patronage of the Dominican convent in 1296. It has been in ruins since 1633. Secularized after the Reformation, a girls' school was built on the foundations of the western nave.
The building is probably called the "Blue Apron" because of the blue school aprons. It has been a residential building since 1829. The north tower was also demolished in 1829. The south tower still carries the church bells today.
Details
Country:
Germany
City:
Weida
Zip code:
07570
Street:
Petersberg
Web:
Phone:
Email: