Historic village green Nitschareuth
Historic village green Nitschareuth
The listed village green was created at the beginning of the 18th century and is one of the best-preserved Angerdörfer with three- and four-sided courtyards in the Thuringian Vogtland.
The village of Nitschareuth was first mentioned in a document in 1441. One part of the village once belonged to Electoral Saxony, the other to Prussia. From 1768 to 1918, it belonged to the principality of "Reuß ältere Linie".
The listed village green was built at the beginning of the 18th century and is one of the best-preserved Angerdörfer with three- and four-sided courtyards in the Thuringian Vogtland. These were built in the Franconian architectural style as typical half-timbered buildings. Only a few villages in Thuringia have such a completely preserved village center. Farmstead no. 13 was built between 1737 and 1744 and has housed a farm museum since 1985. Everyday farming life over the last two centuries is vividly portrayed here. Farmstead no. 13 is a three-sided half-timbered building in the Franconian style with a domed hipped roof.
Details
Germany
Langenwetzendorf OT Nitschareuth
07957
Nitschareuth