Old village school Blankenburg
Old village school Blankenburg
The old village school was built as a one-classroom school and was first mentioned in the Blankenburg parish register of 1865. At the end of the school year in 1959, the school was closed and the premises were subsequently used to house an LPG office and the post office. The building has been empty since 1990 and was only occasionally used for exhibitions.
The Thuringian State Office for the Preservation of Monuments placed the building under monument protection in 2005. The owner (municipality) is therefore obliged to preserve this individual monument for folkloristic and historical reasons.
In 2008, the municipality therefore applied for funding from the Thuringian Ministry of Agriculture, Nature Conservation and the Environment to promote integrated rural development and received it in 2009.
The building was completely renovated with this funding, grants from the Sparkasse Unstrut-Hainich savings bank foundation, a donation of roof tiles from the district and the municipality's own funds.
Details
Germany
Blankenburg
99955
By the church