Clerk's mill
Clerk's mill
Like several other mills, this mill belonged to the Eisenberg monastery - albeit not until the 16th century. The Amtsschreibersmühle, named after its owner, was inherited by the Amtsschreiber Johann Baumann from Eisenberg together with the Walkmühle from his father-in-law. The Amtsschreibersmühle burned down in 1891.
Around 1912, Nobel Prize winner Wilhelm Ostwald became the owner of the mill and set up an alternative living community, which only existed for a short time. Operation as a cutting mill was finally discontinued in 1918/19. The mill was destroyed again by fire in 1926. It was rebuilt as a vacation home and recreation center. In the 1960s, the Amtsschreibermühle was used as a company holiday home. In conjunction with structural changes, a dining room, boiler house and terrace were added. The Amtsschreibersmühle had been closed since 1991. Eight years later, it was acquired by the owner of the Naupoldsmühle. Today, the mill is used for larger events.
Details
Germany
Eisenberg
07607
Mill valley 2