Peace Church Jena
Peace Church Jena
The Friedenskirche, originally named Johann-Georgs-Kirche after Duke Johann Georg II of Saxe-Eisenach, was built in 1686-93 by Johann Heinrich Gengenbach with the collaboration of Johann Leonhard Reinhold on the Johannisfriedhof as a new cemetery church. Johann Mützel was in charge of construction until 1691. The church was consecrated on July 16, 1693. In 1743, it was assigned to the Jena garrison congregation. Since then it has been known as the Garrison Church. In 1946 it was renamed the Friedenskirche.
Details
Country:
Germany
City:
Jena
Zip code:
07743
Street:
Philosophenweg 1
Phone: