Community center Zella-Mehlis
Community center Zella-Mehlis
The vaulted cellar of the town house probably dates back to the 9th century, and the building on top was erected after the town fire in 1684. Many owners are recorded in the eventful history of the house, such as the mayor, butchers, chainsmiths, gunsmiths and locksmiths.
After extensive renovation and conversion work by the town of Zella-Mehlis and funding from the state of Thuringia, the stately eaves side house with its richly decorated half-timbering was inaugurated in September 1991 as a community center with a tourist information office and gallery. It is still used as a gallery today. The courtyard and the "barn" (extension), which was rebuilt in 1993, form a wonderful ensemble for concerts, slide shows, festivals, swap markets and much more. The tourist information office has been located at Louis-Anschütz-Straße 12 since September 2019.
Details
Germany
Zella-Mehlis
98544
Louis-Anschütz-Strasse 28