Dreyse Mill Sömmerda (1721)
Dreyse Mill Sömmerda (1721)
The Dreyse mill is now in its fifth generation of flour milling. The mill can look back on an eventful history; documents prove that it already existed in 1721. The water wheel (ca. 1825) is almost as old as the mill. The main building extends over six floors. In 1841, Nicolaus von Dreyse converted the fulling and oil mill into a pipe hammer mill for gun barrels. At the beginning of the 20th century, the mill was then used as a hydroelectric power station to generate electricity. The Dreyse mill was nationalized in 1972. In 1987/88, the screening machines, pipelines and conveyor elements were renewed. After reunification, the mill became the property of the former owners and has since been operated by the Schliefke company.
Details
Germany
Sömmerda
99610
Adolf-Barth-Strasse 25