Löbschütz village church
Löbschütz village church
There was already a church in Löbschütz before the Reformation, although the chronicle of the village only records an entry for 1554.
Originally, the small church was a Gothic building through and through. However, so many changes were made that by the end of the 19th century, only parts of the old structure remained and the appearance of the church had changed significantly. Only a few windows and the plinth structure were silent witnesses to the original form.
However, the congregation finally decided in 1904 to restore the church to its original state. The rediscovery of old documents and writings made it possible to recreate the original character almost perfectly. The interior, the entire furnishings and the stained glass windows were renewed. The organ was also given a new façade.
Details
Germany
Kahla
07768
Neustädter Street 18