The Reckenbühl
The Reckenbühl
The "Reckenbühl" probably originated around 1100 as a farmstead for the Antonius Brothers. After the expulsion of the Antonius brothers by the Thuringian landgrave in 1338, the knights of the area used this meadow as a tournament site. The winners of these tournaments called themselves "Recken". This name was thus transferred to the estate. After the times of the "knights" were over, the lords of the manor used the buildings as a forester's lodge, where the forester also found shelter. As part of the land reform, the property was expropriated in 1945 and resettled families moved in. The site was later used by an LPG from Kammerforst. When the last resident moved out in 1968, this once magnificent property fell into ruin within a few weeks. In 2004, the municipality of Kammerforst received permission to build the Waldgasthof Reckenbühl. It opened on18.08.2007 and has unfortunately been closed since 2014. Since 2019, the former inn has been revitalized by the Language Farm Hainich seminar house.
Details
Germany
Kammerforst near Mühlhausen
99986