Schiller Museum Bauerbach
Schiller Museum Bauerbach
The Bauerbach manor house served as a refuge for Schiller from December 7, 1782 to July 24, 1783: Henriette von Wolzogen gave him three rooms on the upper floor of her house. The poet's study and bedroom were set up as a private memorial as early as 1847. Since the 100th anniversary of Schiller's death in 1905, they have been permanently open to the public. In 1934, the National Foundation "Schiller in Bauerbach" acquired the private estate and also furnished the so-called "Wolzogen Rooms" as a museum. Since 1941, the house has belonged to a predecessor institution of the Klassik Stiftung Weimar, which had it renovated in 1995. The museum is run on its behalf by the Bauerbach Schiller Association.
Details
Germany
Grabfeld OT Bauerbach
98631
Friedrich-Schiller-Strasse 1