Legefeld (near Weimar)
Legefeld (near Weimar)
The district of Legefeld has been part of the city of Weimar since its incorporation in 1994. The former village is Weimar's southernmost district and is located just a few hundred meters from the A4 freeway exit. With its Beer and Castle Road and the Feininger Route, Legefeld is a local recreation area on the edge of the "Middle Ilm Valley". The history of the village dates back to 1290, when a church was first mentioned in the village of "Lenvelt". The local church was reconsecrated by Johann Gottfried Herder in 1790 after a major fire and extensive renovation.
Details
Country:
Germany
City:
Weimar OT Legefeld
Zip code:
99428
Street:
Web: