Burgwallbach
Burgwallbach
The history of the Schönau district of Burgwallbach is closely linked to the surrounding "Salt forest" linked. At the beginning of the 14th century, two knights from the "Marschalks von Ostheim" family were commissioned by the Bishop of Würzburg to build a small moated castleto secure the road connection from Neustadt to Bischofsheim and Fulda. In 1489, this castle, which was destroyed several times in the course of its history (including during the Peasants' War in 1525), became the property of the Barons of Bibra until 1602. The former village "Niederwalpach" in the area of today's Badesee was razed to the ground in 1525 after the peasants' revolt was suppressed by the lords of Bibra. Today's church in Burgwallbach was built in 1571.
The Kollertshof hamlet was first mentioned in documents as early as 1161. Having previously belonged to Bildhausen Abbey, it came to Wechterswinkel Abbey in 1301 until it was abolished in 1592.
The village of Schönau was also assigned to the Wechterswinkel Monastery was pledged by the bishop and was also subject to him until 1592.
Schönau and Burgwallbach used to belong to the Bischofsheim centurion's office until it was dissolved in 1879 and incorporated into the Bad Neustadt a. d. Saale rent office.
Details
Germany
Schönau a.d.Brend OT Burgwallbach
97659