Oberweimar/Ehringsdorf (near Weimar)
Oberweimar/Ehringsdorf (near Weimar)
Grave finds from the Neolithic period prove that the area is one of the oldest settlement areas in Weimar. In 1244, the name "Oberenwimare" appeared for the first time with a monastery foundation. In 1252 Ehringsdorf is recorded as "Hyringestorf". Three churches are located in the district: the present-day Protestant parish church of St. Peter and Paul, consecrated in 1281, St. Mary's Church, consecrated in 1330, and the Catholic chapel of St. Regina apostulorum, consecrated in 1996. Since 1723 the stone bridge in Oberweimar leads over the Ilm. The foundation of the brewery dates back to 1840. From 1867, travertine was quarried for building material in the Ehringsdorf quarries. A special attraction is the German Bee Museum, founded in 1907.
Details
Germany
Weimar
99425