Pflanzwirbach
Pflanzwirbach
The village of Pflanzwirbach, which was incorporated into Rudolstadt on July 1, 1950, was first mentioned in a document in 1295. Further mentions are attested: 1430, 1455 Wirbach, 1490 Wierbach, 1534 Wyrbach, 1669 Pflanze Wirbach. The place name probably goes back to a Germanic name for a body of water. Pflanzwirbach was under the sovereignty of the owners of Kochberg until 1733. It later became Gotha and an official village of Kranichfeld until it finally became part of Schwarzburg-Rudolstadt in 1825 through an exchange of territories. For a long time, only farmers and craftsmen lived in the village. The water of the Remdaer Rinne was used by a mill. Since the turn of the 20th century, many residents have found work in Rudolstadt businesses. The townscape is still partly rural. The church built in 1658 is typical of this area. A number of new homes were built from 1975 onwards. A former stable of the dissolved agricultural production cooperative is now used as an animal shelter.
Details
Germany
Rudolstadt OT Pflanzwirbach
07407