Rose Village
Rose Village
Rosendorf, a Franconian street village, was first mentioned as Hungersdorf in 1350. Also listed as Hungersdorf in the Saalfelder Schied of 1537, it is still referred to as such in the vernacular today. Hungersdorf was renamed Rosendorf around the 17th century. Originally, there was another village center around the church. In 1745, 17 farmsteads and an outlying estate were mentioned, which was under the control of the Dreitzsch manor.
Parts of the outbuilding still exist today, which later served as a forester's lodge and is now known as the Bauernstube. Today Rosendorf has 178 inhabitants.
Zwackau, a Slavic settlement, was first mentioned in a document in 1378 in a feudal register as Cwakow. Typical of the Slavic settlement is the horseshoe-shaped settlement on the hill, in the middle of which a valley falls away. In 1653, the village is listed as Zwacke. A few more years passed before it finally became Zwackau. Until the end of the 18th century, almost every house in Zwackau is said to have had a loom, which was an exception in this area.
An old mountain and ridge path, "Die Hohe Straße", which was once an important trade route, leads past Zwackau and Rosendorf.
Over the years, the village character has been preserved in both areas of our municipality.
Many houses have been renovated and thus contribute to the beautification of the townscape. The well-preserved half-timbered houses are a beautiful sight. In Rosendorf there is a Library. The municipality of Rosendorf established a municipal partnership with the municipality of Chlum (Czech Republic).
Details
Germany
Rose Village
07819