Former field mill
Former field mill
The former field mill was first mentioned as a grinding mill in 1379. In the middle of the 18th century, the mill was equipped with a sluice. However, the weir and sluice were torn away several times by floods. In 1850, the mill was converted into a yarn spinning mill, which was operated with the help of a steam engine from 1870. In 1914, a bridge was built over the Mühlgraben, the railings of which still exist today (Friedrich-Naumann-Straße/corner of Margaretenstraße). In the 1930s, the site was home to a worsted spinning and dyeing mill. The building was demolished in 1997 and a residential and commercial center was built here.
Details
Country:
Germany
City:
Mulhouse
Zip code:
99974
Street:
Field road 125
Phone: