Former pepper mill
Former pepper mill
The former pepper mill was built in 1371. It was first used as a mustard mill and later as a grinding and spice mill. From 1751, it operated as a fulling, tan and washing mill. A steam boiler was installed in 1858 and the water wheel was removed in 1890. The building was demolished in 1987 and new buildings were erected on the site (today's Jakobiviertel). The former lintel has been preserved and can now be found in the lapidarium behind the Kornmarktkirche.
Details
Country:
Germany
City:
Mulhouse
Zip code:
99974
Street:
Felchtaer Street 18
Phone: