Former brick mill
Former brick mill
The former brick mill was located on the Unstrut branch before the Wendewehr, an official "millrace" about 1.6 km long. There were once 5 mills on the Mühlgraben. In 1355, the brick mill was established, which was used to grind raw clay. The name of Ziegelstraße, which was first mentioned in 1604, can be traced back to the brick mill. There is no evidence of a brickworks or brickyard. The name of the turning weir, the "Ziegelmüllerswehr", is also attributed to the brick mill. The mill no longer existed as early as 1577.
Details
Country:
Germany
City:
Mulhouse
Zip code:
99974
Street:
On the Unstrut
Phone: