Evangelical Church St. Lamperti
Evangelical Church St. Lamperti
Today's late Gothic town church of St. Lamperti goes back to a predecessor building dating from the 12th century. The sacristy on the north side was added in 1523. 20 years later, the first Protestant service was held in the church. By order of the Swedish general Königsmarck, the bell tower was partially demolished in 1643. After the city fires of the 17th century, extensive repair works took place. The interior of the church was decorated in the Baroque style and was consecrated in 1686. The renovation of the tower took place between 1703 - 1709 under the Dukes of Saxony- Weissenfels. The baroque dome dates back to 1707. Special features are the Weissenfels baroque altar and two Romanesque columns, which originate from the former house monastery of the noble lords of Querfurt, Mariazell. Furthermore, the organ from the late 19th century should be mentioned. It has 32 stops and 1791 pipes
Details
Germany
Querfurt
06268
Church plan 2