House of the butchers' guild
House of the butchers' guild
In 1577/78, the predecessor of the meat house was built with the demolished stones of St. John's Church. The first floor housed the butchers' stalls. On the upper floor was a hall for the cloth merchants' fairground stalls. Theater was also performed here. In 1880-1882, the new "Imperial Post and Telegraph Office" was built on the site of the former butchers' guild house. In 1883, the new post office building on the Obermarkt was put into operation. The building remained a post office until modern times.
Details
Country:
Germany
City:
Mulhouse
Zip code:
99974
Street:
Obermarkt 1
Phone: