Historic Amtshaus Zella-Mehlis
Historic Amtshaus Zella-Mehlis
The building complex was erected between 1652 and 1658 as the administrative seat of the Black Forest/Amt Zella (from 1830), which was founded in 1642. It also served the dukes of Gotha as a residence and hunting lodge. After the incorporation of the office into the Ohrdruf administrative district in 1858, the building continued to be used by the Zella district court. When Zella-Mehlis became the capital of the Suhl-Land district in 1952, parts of the district administration moved into the premises. The building has been privately owned since 1988. As the Amtshaus was one of the few buildings not to fall victim to the great town fire of 1762, it is the largest and oldest surviving building in Zella St. Blasii.
Details
Germany
Zella-Mehlis
98544
Amtsstraße 7