Jesuborn
Jesuborn
Jesuborn, which today has around 330 inhabitants, was first mentioned in a document on June 15, 1368 on St. Vitus Day. The document is kept in the Thuringian State Archives in Rudolstadt. The village was first incorporated as a district of Gehren in 1923, then finally in 1950. Jesuborn lies at an altitude of 464 m above sea level, in the Wohlrose valley with the Trockenbach and Hellerbach streams on the northern slope of the Lange Berg. The inhabitants used to be carters, miners, smelters, porcelain and wood workers, forest workers and small farmers. Distinctive buildings are the church, consecrated in 1819, the school, now a town house, built in 1910/11, the former chamber estate with the "Schwarzburger Hof" inn in 1728.
After Jesuborn had already belonged to Gehren several times in the course of its history and had been incorporated again, it finally became a district of Gehren in 1950.
In July 2018, Jesuborn was incorporated into the town of Ilmenau as a new district.
Details
Germany
Ilmenau OT Jesuborn
98694