Niederroßla church
Niederroßla church
The first mention of a church in Niederroßla dates back to 996.
Construction of a church begins in 1650. The church fell victim to a fire in 1656.
The present Baroque hall church, which was largely rebuilt between 1718 and 1723 under the direction of the ducal master builder Johann Adolf Richter from Weimar, with a slate-covered spire and rococo onions, was begun in 1670 and consecrated in 1721. The three-axis nave features a polygonal choir, two surrounding galleries, paintings on the gallery balustrades and the nave ceiling, a coat-of-arms decorated lodge, a four-tier pulpit altar [with figures of angels, vines and life-size figures of Moses with the tablets of the law and Christ with the cross]. A comprehensive renovation took place in 1899. The church was restored in 1971/72. In 2000/02, a general renovation had to be carried out due to sponge infestation.
Here you will find the gravestone of Magarete Kestner, Martin Luther's niece, who was married in Niederroßla.
The organ was built in 1735 by Heinrich Nicolaus Trebs (Weimar). In 1853 it was rebuilt by Louis Witzmann (organ approval by Johann Gottlob Töpfer).
The bell ringing consists of two cast iron bells from Ulrich & Weule (Apolda & Bockenem) from 1920 and one from Schilling & Lattermann (Apolda and Morgenröthe) from 1957. The fourth bell in the tower is a bronze bell by Nicolaus Jonas Sorber (Erfurt) from 1715.
The rectory (next to the church) already existed in pre-Reformation times and was rebuilt in 1826 by the Weimar architect Coudray.
Details
Germany
Ilmtal-Weinstraße OT Niederroßla
99510
An der Apoldaer Straße 2