Church of St. Ulrich Kindelbrück
Church of St. Ulrich Kindelbrück
The church of St. Ulrich was first mentioned in 1440. A large single-nave church was then built, retaining older parts of the building. The tower is on the north side. The building was badly damaged in the town fire in 1761 and rebuilt from 1782 to 1784. During this reconstruction, the nave was raised and extended. High-quality travertine ashlars were used as the building material. Only the west window remains from the original construction period. The southern wall was obviously rebuilt in parts, as evidenced by the building inscription 1607. There is no further information on this. The choir walls are divided by high tracery windows and buttresses. There is a large sacristy on the east side, which presumably comes from the previous building. The round-arched portal on the east side is inscribed with 1568 and inserts into a Gothic window. Construction of the north tower began in 1502. The first floor of the tower opens to the east through a high pointed arch. The staircase on the wall led to the upper floor of the tower, but is no longer accessible. The tower room and the sacristy are cross-vaulted. There is a two-storey, three-sided gallery in the nave. The stalls on the north side are accessed via a corridor. Two gravestones are embedded in the floor of the church (source: https://de.wikipedia.org)
Details
Germany
Kindelbrück
99638
Pushkin Square