Klopstock House Bad Langensalza
Klopstock House Bad Langensalza
This large patrician house with its representative decorative façade was built around 1609 by the physician and later mayor Dr. Tobias Breithaupt. A second upper storey in half-timbered construction was built on top of an existing older solid ground floor and upper storey, plastered and the entire façade richly decorated with stucco. The alliance coat of arms of the Breithaupt / Urbach families in sandstone is located above the entrance gate in a coat of arms cartouche. From 1740, the property was owned by the merchant and later mayor Johann Christian Weiß (1703-1784), who employed Friedrich Gottlieb Klopstock as a tutor for his two sons. Today, the house has been restored to its original Baroque color scheme.
Details
Germany
Bad Langensalza
99947
Salt road