Sparnberg
Sparnberg was first mentioned in a document in 1202. The von Sparnberg family came to the Fichtelgebirge as followers of the Diepoldinger family from Haidstein near Cham. At first, it is customary to refer to the...
Poi
Sparnberg was first mentioned in a document in 1202. The von Sparnberg family came to the Fichtelgebirge as followers of the Diepoldinger family from Haidstein near Cham. At first, it is customary to refer to the...
Ortlepp's Ruh is also known as Dr. Wagener's bench. Both names have historical significance and the bench, which was erected in 1930, commemorates the fate of the Protestant pastor Ortlepp, who worked in Oesterbehringen from 1884-1900....
The town of Zeulenroda-Triebes, which with its districts surrounds the large water area of the Zeulenroda dam, is also fondly called the "town on the heights". The imposing town hall and the market square with the...
Altendambach is a small community on the southern slope of the Thuringian Forest. It has been a district of the town of Schleusingen since July 2019 and is located at an altitude of approx. 500 m above sea level,...
The district of Waldstedt is a small, somewhat remote village community between Zimmern and Alterstedt and, with its 96 inhabitants (as at 31.12.2019), is the smallest community in the national park region. It was first...
The Steinerne Rose is located approx. 700 m north of Kloster, a district of the town of Saalburg-Ebersdorf in the Saale-Orla district of Thuringia, on the Reußische Fürstenstraße (L 1095) directly to the right before the...
In the northeast of the Grabfeld lies the Haina village, at the foot of the Kleiner Gleichberg nature reserve. The village is characterized by a variety of half-timbered buildings in the Franconian architectural style. Charming floodplain landscapes, forests as well as an interesting...
Trostadt is a small district of the municipality of Reurieth in the district of Hildburghausen in Thuringia. The district of Trostadt is located in the Werra valley near Hildburghausen. Trostadt was first documented in 776-796 in the document book of the...
The hill village Drognitz is located south of the Hohenwarte reservoir. The first documented mention of the Drognitz Heights was in 1120 in a deed of donation by Count Wichmann for the new Augustinian canonical monastery of Kaltenborn. On a...
The village of Neunheilingen with its 480 inhabitants lies in the middle of the undulating hilly landscape of the Heilinger Heights. Neunheilingen was first mentioned in documents from the Fulda monastery in 1158.