Pottiga
Pottiga
Pottiga was first mentioned in a document in 1325. A manor belonged to the village, whose first lords bore the name of the village. Over the years, the manor of Pottiga changed hands several times until it was finally broken up in 1834. The village itself probably goes back to a Sorbian settlement. Pottiga's coat of arms shows three coniferous trees in front of green hills in the upper part, referring to the surrounding landscape, and two crossed hammers on a red background. The hammers are an expression of the regional mining tradition. A hammer mill in the district of Saalbach (originally called Saalhammer) belonged to Pottiga. In the 19th century, there is talk of abandoned shafts and iron and copper gravel pits, the quality of which is described as "satisfaction and constancy". Ecclesiastically, Pottiga originally belonged to Gefell, later to Berg, then in 1626 it was parished to Sparnberg. Nevertheless, the inhabitants of Pottiga were buried in Berg. Baptisms took place locally and communions in turn in Sparnberg. What coined the saying: "Baptized in Reuß, married in Saxony, for the last time inspected in Baireuthischen." It was not until 1824 that Pottiga received its own cemetery. At the same time, the village was parished together with Arlas after Frössen. With Arlas, Pottiga was especially associated with the celebration of church fairs and fairs.
Details
Germany
Rosenthal am Rennsteig OT Pottiga
07366