St. Trinitatis Church
St. Trinitatis Church
The Trinitatis Church in the center of Sondershausen with its six-story tower was the court church and burial chapel of the royal house of the royal seat. The Trinitatis Church was built at the beginning of the 17th century on the foundations of a previously demolished church. The church fell victim to a devastating town fire shortly after its completion in 1620, was only provisionally secured and was only rebuilt in stages in the second half of the 17th century. The count and later prince of Schwarzburg-Sondershausen wanted to do justice to his prestige by furnishing the church accordingly. The princely burial chapel was added at the end of the 19th century. Renovation of the interior in the 1990s/2000s; new organ built in 1997 (Hey) and extension of the chimes in 2018/2020.
Details
Germany
[object Object]
[object Object]
[object Object]