Triptis
Triptis
Triptis is located not far from the watershed between the Saale and the Weißer Elster and at the headwaters of the Orla in a flat basin open to the west and was first mentioned as a town in 1328.Until the beginning of the 19th century, Triptis was a small farming town with a variety of crafts. Triptis has listed buildings, the town church of St. Marien, an approx. 600-year-old round castle in Oberpöllnitz, an approx. 800-year-old fortified church with frescoes in the Döblitz district and an approx. 1000-year-old castle tower. With the construction of the Gera- Eichicht railroad line in 1869/ 71, the town developed into a modern industrial location. The freeway connection to the A 9 also contributed to the upswing of the town. Important companies in the city are the porcelain factory, the window manufacturer WERU and REHAU AG. The town has a museum, an open-air swimming pool and many gastronomic establishments as well as modernly equipped accommodation facilities.
Details
Germany
Triptis
07819