Former pearl barley mill
Former pearl barley mill
The former pearl barley mill got its name from the production of pearl barley. It was located at Sondershäuser Straße 1 and was situated on the Mühlgraben, outside the town wall. The production process from wheat and barley grains is similar to the production of groats. The mill was therefore also known as the "oat groats mill". In 1774, a water wheel was added to the existing house. Later, the mill was used for a variety of purposes, as a hemp mill, spice crusher, paint mill and bone mill. The building was demolished in September 2000.
Details
Country:
Germany
City:
Mulhouse
Zip code:
99974
Street:
Sondershäuser Street 1
Phone: